The best things in life can be free, simple, rejuvenating. While The traditional Irish musicians where gathering in the Catskill mountains of New York, I visited the family cabin in Maine with a cd player a campfire and a cooler. Sometimes you forget how nice it is to spend a cool summer night around a wood fire. Add to that friends and relatives with stories to tell. Add to that kids laughing, music playing, and a cold beverage or two. The only question would be what cd’s would you load into the player?
- The Ivy Leaf, traditional Irish music by the Ivy Leaf
- Raised on songs and stories, compilation album including Luke Kelly, Delores Keane, Mary Black, The Fureys, etc.
- The Water in the Well, The Chieftans, there are a million chieftains cds this one has a nice mix of traditional Irish music tunes and songs,
- Bob Seger Live Bullet.
- Lynyrd Skynard, street survivors.
- Nervous eaters. A one time release back in the eighties and is one of the best cds to own.
- Taylor swift.
Thats where I draw the line, and of course when the night draws on there is really nothing better than going back to the Irish themed music. My choice would be Irish folk music legend Paddy Reilly.